Due to Covid-19 / Coronavirus please check venues are open before attending events.
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
Early Birds @ National Science and Media Museum, Bradford
February 22 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Early Birds is a special event for families with children who have an Autism Spectrum Condition, an anxiety disorder, or a Special Educational Need that means they would benefit from a quieter, more relaxed museum opening.
The museum will open early—at 08.30—and will be available exclusively for our Early Birds guests until 10.00, when we open our doors to the general public.
Entry and activities are free. Early Birds visitors can also enjoy an autism friendly film screening at reduced ticket prices.
WHAT’S ON AT EARLY BIRDS
Early Birds is a great way to explore the museum at a quiet time, away from the hustle and bustle of crowds.
- Join in some fun CBBC Games activities in Gallery 1 and Makespace
- Wonderlab is full of amazing sights and sounds, and there will be a sensory play area in the Wonderlab Studio
- Most of our other galleries will be open for families to explore and play with interactive exhibits
- The Kodak Gallery will have screens and sounds turned off to ensure a quieter space
- The Café will be opening early to serve breakfast
After 10.00, families are of course welcome to stay and continue to enjoy their visit to the museum.
As part of the event, there will be an autism friendly film screening of StarDog and TurboCat (U). Meet pet superheroes Buddy and Felix in this madcap adventure!
During the screening, low lights will be left on in the auditorium and the volume of the soundtrack will be reduced. It’s fine for you to move around, make noise or take a break during the film.
Tickets are available at the special reduced rate of £3. Buy your tickets at the box office on the day, or book online.