Post-Covid, please check with the venue before visiting
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
Early Openings – Autism and Sensory Friendly Mornings @ Scottish National Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh
June 26 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am
A relaxed, supported, early morning at the gallery for families with additional sensory needs. Explore the gallery – and take part in some open-ended, creative activities – before it opens to the public at 10am.
- A warm welcome from our experienced artist team
- Limited numbers
- A quiet breakaway room for those needing their own time and space
- Individual materials packs for families to use during their visit and take home
- A visual story emailed to you before your visit
- An optional email/telephone conversation before your visit to talk about how we can support your families needs – if this would be helpful
- Visitor services staff trained in autism awareness
This morning is designed for children, and their families, who would enjoy a quieter, more personalised visit, including children with autism spectrum conditions, other sensory processing differences or access needs.