Due to Covid-19 / Coronavirus please check venues are open before attending events.
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
Quiet Hour: We Will Walk – Art and Resistance in the American South @ Turner Contemporary, Margate
February 29 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
Join us for Quiet Hour to explore We Will Walk – Art and Resistance in the American South at Turner Contemporary.
We Will Walk – Art and Resistance in the American South is the first exhibition of its kind in the UK and reveals a little-known history shaped by the Civil Rights period in the 1950s and 60s.
We make small changes to ensure a visit to Turner Contemporary is more comfortable and accessible for our visitors with additional needs. During Quiet Hour:
– Hand driers in the toilets are turned off
– Drinks are served in paper cups in Turner Contemporary’s café
– Music is turned off in Turner Contemporary’s café
– Allocated quiet rooms are available for visitors to use
– Ear defenders are available to borrow
– Quiet Hour signs are placed around the gallery encouraging all visitors to contribute to a more calming environment.
– An accessible guide to the gallery is available from the Main Desk and is also available to download.
All of our staff members are provided with information about neurodiversity to help make your visit as comfortable as possible. Share your feedback or suggestions with us on the day of your visit, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any other access needs that you would like to let us know about please contact: Clarissa Beveridge, Visitor Experience Manager: email@example.com or call 01843 233 000 (10am – 5pm Daily).