Due to Covid-19 / Coronavirus please check venues are open before attending events.
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
Relaxed Opening @ Bletchley Park, Milton Keynes
January 12 @ 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
From 12.00-16.00 on 12 January a Relaxed Opening will take place at Bletchley Park. All are welcome, particularly those who would benefit most from visiting at a quieter time and appreciate the opportunity to explore the exhibitions in a calm and relaxed environment.
Sounds and films
You can expect the following:
– On first arriving in Block C: the introductory film will be lowered in volume. There is an alternative route to avoid this area if preferred.
– Outside areas: all soundscapes will be turned off.
– Teleprinter building: in the exhibition space one silent film runs on a small screen with subtitles. Sound effects will be turned off. In the second room there is a large screen showing a film: sound will be turned off, house lights kept on. This room contains large flickering multiple images.
– Huts: all projections and sounds will be turned off including the large screen in Hut 11A.
– Mansion: Sound will be turned off in Bill Tutte exhibition. Films will run with subtitles. There will be no background audio in the library.
All other spaces in the Park are already accessible as quiet spaces.
Arriving and exploring
We recommend booking online in advance to reduce any possible queuing.
On arrival, you may wish to borrow a sunflower lanyard to wear. If you use the lanyard, we’ll be aware that you may like extra support or time to process. You can ask us what we can do to assist you. We understand not every visitor will want to wear a lanyard.
We will be around if you need us but will otherwise leave you space and time to enjoy your visit. We are friendly, aware and happy to help.
Quiet spaces and lunch
There are two designated quiet spaces on this day: Learning Room 4 in Block B, and the First Aid room in Block C. Both will be signposted. as Quiet Spaces.
You are welcome to borrow a set of ear defenders during your visit; we have a number of pairs available.
The room at the east end of Hut 4 café (sign posted) and Hut 1 will be available for eating packed lunches, if you prefer to bring your own food.
More information to follow.