Post-Covid, please check with the venue before visiting
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
Relaxed Viewings of Alice Neel: Hot Off The Griddle @ Barbican Centre, London
May 2 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm£13
A relaxed viewing of Alice Neel: Hot Off The Griddle.
Throughout the run of the exhibition, we will be hosting a small number of relaxed viewings. These are intended for anyone who would benefit from a more informal approach to noise and movement in the space, or who would feel more comfortable knowing that they can enter and exit freely.
This is the largest exhibition to date in the UK of American artist Alice Neel (1900–1984) whose vivid portraits capture the shifting social and political context of the American twentieth century.
Organised in collaboration with the Centre Pompidou, Paris, this exhibition brings together over 70 of Neel’s most vibrant portraits, shown alongside archival photography and film, bringing to life what she called ’the swirl of the era’.
For this exhibition view:
• Exhibition capacity is reduced to allow a more suitable environment and the relaxed view is held outside regular public opening hours
• The Front of House team are briefed on providing a more informal service
• A dedicated pool of invigilators have received training on welcoming visitors to our relaxed views and assisting them during their visit.
• A quiet chill out space is provided with comfortable seating
• Visitors are welcome to stay as long as they like but there may be an increase in visitor numbers once the exhibition is open to the public (applies to morning views only)
• Advance booking is advised but not essential. Visitors can also walk up on the day and arrive at any time during the session rather than at the start of the hour
• If you have a particular requirement and would like to come, please let us know and we will try our best to accommodate your needs