Post-Covid, please check with the venue before visiting
Want to add your own Event? Click here
SENDsational Mornings at Tring @ Natural History Museum, Tring
May 28 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
SENDsational Mornings at Tring
An opportunity for children with neurodiverse conditions to enjoy the Museum at a quieter time.
5 February & 28 May 10.00 – 12.00
Free – bookings essential
Tickets are released 3 weeks before the event. Sign up to hear when new tickets are released.
We are excited to present SENDsational Mornings at Tring, Hertfordshire.
Our SENDsational mornings offer children with neurodiverse conditions, including autism and other sensory processing difficulties, the chance to take part in activities and enjoy our galleries with their families and siblings away from the hustle and bustle of the general public.
This event is best for children aged five to 15 and siblings are welcome.
What can you expect from the experience?
- Visitors have access to a few activities including specimen handling, a big draw and a gallery trail.
- All activities are supported by experienced, autism-aware facilitators.
- A sensory space will be available for those children needing a quieter and calmer space.
- All of the galleries, outdoor spaces and the shop will be accessible throughout the event.
- Each event has a different theme. In February it is desert animals and May it is rainforests.
Walk-ups are not possible – you must have a ticket. Adult tickets are limited to three per group.
We will email more information about your visit a week in advance, to help you prepare for your visit. On the day you will be given a programme and map to let you know what you can do.
The Museum in South Kensington has been successfully running a similar event called Dawnosaurs for the past four years.
- Doors open at 10.00.
- The Museum opens to the public at 12.00, and you are welcome to stay for the afternoon but it may become busy and noisy.
- You can bring a picnic lunch which you can have in Walter’s Workshop, the small building located in the car park.
- There are baby changing facilities and accessible toilets.
- The Museum is fully accessible for wheelchair and buggy access.
- Mobiloo may be in attendance depending on availability. Please let us know as soon as possible if you require this facility.