Post-Covid, please check with the venue before visiting
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
SENDsational Mornings @ NHM Tring, Hertfordshire
August 21, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
SENDsational Mornings at Tring
Sunday 29 May
Sunday 21 August
We are excited to present SENDsational Mornings at Tring, Hertfordshire.
Children with neurodiverse conditions including autism and other sensory processing difficulties can enjoy the Museum with their families and siblings, free from the hustle and bustle of the general public.
Our sister museum in South Kensington has been successfully running a similar event called Dawnosaurs for the past four years.
What can you expect from the experience?
- Visitors have access to a few activities including specimen handling, a big draw and a gallery trail.
- All activities are supported by experienced, autism-aware facilitators.
- A sensory space will be available for those children needing a quieter and calmer space.
- All of the galleries, outdoor spaces and the shop will be accessible throughout the event.
This event is best for children aged five to 15 and siblings are welcome.
You will need to book a ticket in advance and walk-ups will not be possible. To join the mailing list to be notified about the release of tickets please contact us
- doors open at 10.00
- the Museum opens to the public at 12.00, and you are welcome to stay for the afternoon but it may become busy
- you can bring a picnic lunch which you can have in Walter’s Workshop, the small building located in the car park
- there are baby changing facilities and accessible toilets
- the Museum is fully accessible for wheelchair and buggy access
- Mobiloo may be in attendance depending on availability. Please let us know as soon as possible if you require this facility.