Post-Covid, please check with the venue before visiting
Want to add your own Event? Click here
- This event has passed.
SENsory Sailors @ National Maritime Museum, Greenwich
November 12 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 11:00 am on day Second of the month, repeating until December 10, 2022
National Maritime Museum
|Date and Times||Once a month on Saturdays | 12 November, 10 December | 11am-12.30pm|
|Prices||Free, pre-booking required|
Families with children with special educational needs and disabilities (under 13 years) are invited to a monthly session at the National Maritime Museum. Explore the collection, enjoy the opportunity to be creative together as a family, and meet other local families.
Sessions are led by a SEND-specialist and will respond to the needs of the families participating. With a flexible approach and a team to support your family, we hope the entire family will enjoy their time at the Museum!
Tickets: Free, pre-booking required [please note, if no tickets are showing then the session is fully booked. Tickets are released one month before the session]
Location: Group Space, National Maritime Museum
|Date of session||Tickets go on sale|
|Saturday 12th November||Wednesday 12th October, 10am|
|Saturday 10th December||Thursday 10th November, 10am|
Please check back for more dates
- These sessions are designed for the whole family to attend. We welcome siblings without SEND and the sessions will ensure everyone in the family can participate through activities that allow families to work together to get creative.
- Sessions are relaxed and we understand children may need to leave the room at any time. Adults must accompany children to the sessions and remain with them if the child/ren leave the room. Staff and volunteers cannot be responsible for participants.
- A breakout space is provided
- The Museum has a Changing Places facility.
- Download your visual guide for SENsory Sailors
- For more information on the sessions, email email@example.com
Booking your space:
- Tickets are available 4 weeks before the session. These sessions currently occur once a month. Keep an eye on this page for the announcements of upcoming dates.
- As part of the booking process we will ask about any needs your child/ren has. This helps the facilitator to develop activities that will engage your child and family and be suited to their interests and access requirements. This information is not shared beyond the SENsory Sailors team.
- Ticket sales will end at 4.00pm on the Friday before the session.
- Your ticket includes entry to the National Maritime Museum.
Our facilities include
- Limited on-site parking – contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance for more information
- Wheelchair access
- Level access to the Group Space
- Electric doors
- Mix of seating (chairs with or without arms, benches, mats, small beanbags)
- SEND-friendly activities
- Specialist facilitators
- Opportunities to meet other local families
- Visual guide and sensory maps for the National Maritime Museum are available via the Museum’s access page.