Post-Covid, please check with the venue before visiting
Want to add your own Event? Click here
Explore the magic of light in the MERL garden and enjoy a host of craft activities inspired by light and the MERL gardens and collections.
Activities will include a torchlight trail, lantern making, gallery trail and more!
NEW for 2023: The first 1 hr and 15 minutes of our annual Magical Lights event will be a relaxed session with additional sensory provision, geared towards neurodivergent visitors and their families.
This session will enable visitors to experience the museum and this popular event, in a safe environment. Tickets will be limited to ensure the museum is less busy. There are facilitated activities on themes inspired by the museums’ collections, and a quiet break-out space. Siblings, families, carers and friends are all welcome. (Some areas will be very dimly lit …..)
– pre-visit sensory maps and social stories available
– sensory backpacks and ear defenders
– break out spaces
– themed facilitated hands-on activities
– All activities are optional and you can visit at any point within the event times
– Suitable for families with children aged 3 – 11.
– All children must be accompanied by an adult and we encourage parents/carers to assist with all activities.
– Most activities are outdoors so please ensure you dress for the weather.
– Booking essential
– £5 per participating child. Accompanying adults free.